The Saints Memorial Baptist Church began in 1901 with the regular
meetings for prayer and bible study in the house of Clement Tuck on
Landover Road. Tuck, the town crier, led meetings in his home over the
next two years.
The mission was formally constituted as the Second Baptist Church of
Bryn Mawr in 1903, and in 1905 its 35 members began meeting in a
blacksmith's shop across Warner Street from its present location.
Second Baptist changed its name to Saints Memorial Baptist Church in
August of 1910.
The present church was built in 1928, under the leadership of the
Reverend James Arthur Younger, on a plot of land across Warner Street
from the blacksmith's shop. Bryn Mawr Presbyterian had donated the free
use of the blueprints of their chapel. Over the years the church
created a youth program, a food pantry, and also arranged a series of
mission trips to Africa, Europe and the Caribbean.