In 1874 the Bryn Mawr Post Office began operating under Postmaster
William Ramsey, in his General Store on the north-west corner of
Lancaster Pike and Bryn Mawr Avenue. The site is now Bryn
The ticket agent for the Pennsylvania Railroad's Bryn Mawr train
station was later named Post Master, and the Post Office was moved to
the train station. The office was later moved to another building on
Bryn Mawr Avenue and moved a few more times after that.
The USPS Post Office's current location at 16 North Bryn Mawr Avenue,
was built in 1923.